Burnham Memorial Library
We are unfortunately going to have to cancel our Halloween party this year. Please check out Halloween fest instead- a new program co-sponsored by Colchester Parks & Recreation and the Albany College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences. It looks like it will be a spooky good time! https://colchestervt.gov/3018/Halloween-Fest
- Any Vermont resident may register for free borrowing privileges.
- Circulation Periods:
- 3 weeks - Books
- 2 weeks - New books, audio/video materials, and e-Readers
- 1 week - Periodicals and passes
- Borrowers are financially responsible for damaged and lost library materials.
- There are only overdue fines on VHS Tapes, DVDs, e-readers, and passes.
- Items may be reserved or renewed at the library, by phone, or through the online catalog, unless the item is on hold for another patron.
- The library has book drops located at Town Hall (781 Blakely Road), and at the Rite-Aid near the Price Chopper (1184 Prim Road).
All library policies are detailed in full here.
- We participate in Vermont's inter-library loan system - read more about it here.
- The library is part of the Homecard system, enabling Colchester residents to borrow directly from other participating Chittenden County libraries.
- Computers, printers, and a scanner are available for Internet access, email, and working with documents.
- The library has public Wi-Fi for those with their own laptops or other devices.
- We offer access to the Vermont Online Library - a collection of online research databases with materials for all ages.
- The library has a selection of large print books and current magazines.
- The library receives the Burlington Free Press and the New York Times (Daily), and the Colchester Sun and Seven Days (weekly).
- Audiobooks, e-Readers, videos, DVDs, music CDs, and Playaways are available for checkout.
- We have a public meeting space which can be used by community groups - call for information or availability.
- The library has a public photocopier; we also have a fax machine available for outgoing calls.
- The library has space for local artists to exhibit their work, and display cases for exhibits of interest for both adults and children.
- The library offers programs for all ages.
- The library is accessible to those with physical disabilities.