Office of the Town Clerk - Karen Richard
- This week storm water bills will be arriving in property owner mail boxes. On the Town Clerk's web page there is a new tab concerning ways to pay.
- As this year winds down it is time to gear up for the next election, which is Town Meeting on Tuesday March 6, 2018. As we prepare to advertise the expired terms for the many elected positions it is appropriate to thank all of the elected officials. They are our dedicated citizens that volunteer their time and efforts for the betterment of our community. The Town could not survive without our loyal volunteers.
- The following positions will be on the ballot in March: Selectboard member, 2 Year, currently held by Jeffrey Bartley; Selectboard member 3 Year, currently held by Nadine Scibek; Moderator, 1 Year, currently held by Scott Barrett; School Board, 2 Year, currently held by Lindsey Cox; School Board, 3 Year, currently held by Michael Rogers; and Library Trustee, 5 Year, currently held by Leora Black; Lister, 3 Year, currently held by Geri Barrows; Champlain Water District Representative, 3 Year, currently held by Karen Richard. We thank these people for their past service.
- To run for any of the offices mentioned above you need to submit a petition stating the office for which you wish to run, the length of the term, and collect the signatures of 30 registered voters. We cannot accept petitions that do not state the term of office. If you have questions or would like a blank petition please contact us. The deadline to submit a petition is 5 pm on Monday, January 29, 2018.
- There will be a proposed charter change amendment on the ballot: to change the elected clerk and treasurer to an appointed position. I support the proposal and will go into more detail with the reasons in my report next month.
- Please remember that both voting districts, District 9-1 and District 9-2, are voting at the Colchester High School Gymnasium for all elections.
Welcome to the Town Clerk's Office
We hope you enjoy the experience of living here as much as we enjoy serving you, the resident. If you have any questions regarding the community, please give the Clerk's Office a call at 802-264-5520. If we cannot answer the question, we will direct you to the source who can.
- Karen Richard, Colchester Town Clerk