4th of July Celebration
Tuesday, July 4, 2017
5K Fun Run
4th of July Parade
- 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.: Fun Run Registration at Union Memorial School (FEE: $5.00 per participant)
- Race begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Light refreshments available for participants after the race!
- 2016 FUN RUN RESULTS (PDF)
Bayside Beach Lifeguards will be on duty at Bayside Beach for those who want to swim from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Bayside Paddle Sports will be open for paddleboard and kayak rentals from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.: Inflatables
- Concession vendors will also be selling food, drinks, glow sticks, and more.
- 6:45 to 8:45 p.m.: Music Entertainment: THE HITMEN
- The Hitmen are: Jim Cheney (Bass and Vocals), Bob Young (Guitar and Vocals), Brian Donnelly (Drums and Vocals), and Bob Boedecker (Keys and Vocals).
- Musical Style: 1970s and 1980s party rock & roll, featuring hot guitar, organ, and impressive vocal harmonies! The Hitmen play anything from John Mellencamp to Santana, The Atlanta Rhythm Section to Steely Dan - don't miss this fantastic group!
- Fireworks will take place at dusk from the Bayside Softball Field. Please stay behind the safety fence.
- Parking available at: Colchester High School, Colchester Middle School, and the Malletts Bay School.
Thank you to our Supporters!
The 4th of July Celebration is made possible thanks to generous donations from Colchester businesses, organizations, and individuals. If you would like to donate and help make this event a success, please complete a Donation Form (PDF) and return it to Colchester Parks & Recreation with a check for your desired donation amount. All donors will be recognized in the 4th of July event brochures and in a Thank You in the Colchester Sun.