- We participate in Vermont's inter-library loan system - read more about it here.
- The library is part of the Homecard system, enabling Colchester residents to borrow directly from other participating Chittenden County libraries.
- Computers, printers, and a scanner are available for Internet access, email, and working with documents.
- The library has public Wi-Fi for those with their own laptops or other devices.
- We offer access to the Vermont Online Library - a collection of online research databases with materials for all ages.
- The library has a selection of large print books and current magazines.
- The library receives the Burlington Free Press and the New York Times (Daily), and the Colchester Sun and Seven Days (weekly).
- Audiobooks, e-Readers, videos, DVDs, music CDs, and Playaways are available for checkout.
- We have a public meeting space which can be used by community groups - call for information or availability.
- The library has a public photocopier; we also have a fax machine available for outgoing calls.
- The library has space for local artists to exhibit their work, and display cases for exhibits of interest for both adults and children.
- The library offers programs for all ages.
- The library is accessible to those with physical disabilities.
We've teamed up with libraries in the Green Mountain Library Consortium to bring you downloadable audiobooks and eBooks from ListenUp Vermont.
Burnham Library offers an Interlibrary Loan Service to help give you access to materials from other libraries.
The Burnham Library has computers available for adults, young adults, and children.
The Vermont Online Library (VOL) gives you 24/7 access to thousands of information sources, produced by known and trusted publishers.
Thanks to the state Department of Libraries, patrons can now participate in Universal Class, which provides a wide range of online courses from business, to cooking, to computers, to social work.
Locate a number of resources to help you with your needs in regards to the topic of genealogy.