Listen Up! Vermont ~ Downloadable Audiobooks & eBooks
We've teamed up with libraries around Vermont to bring you Listen Up! Vemont, a collection of audiobooks and eBooks you can download at home.
First time? Get started here.
You'll need your Burnham Library card, a computer with internet access, and the instructions below to get started. If you run into trouble, give us a call at 879-7576 and we'll walk you through it.
You can also view an animated slideshow that will walk you through the steps. (MAC users click here).
Instructions for Windows users
Step 1: Download software
Download these two programs (free):
Overdrive Media Console
Microsoft Windows Media Player (version 10 or higher)
You only need to download this software once. It will remain on your computer for future downloads.
Step 2: Sign in
- Click on ListenUp Vermont logo above.
- In the blue menu bar under the “Green Mountain Library Consortium" banner, click on "sign in"
- Select the Burnham Memorial Library as your home library (hover mouse over "Libraries A-E")
- Enter library barcode number from the back of your Burnham Library card (starts with "PVSN....")
Step 3: Browse for books
- Use the search bar in the upper right to type a specific title, or
- Browse with links on the left hand side of the screen
- You can reserve up two 2 items in your basket for up to one hour while you're browsing (click “add to basket”)
- Join a waiting list for titles checked out by others useres by clicking "join waiting list”
- Once items are in your basket, you can continue to browse or proceed directly to “Checkout.”
Step 4: Check out books (up to two titles at any one time)
- Go to your basket
- Click on “proceed to checkout”
- At the next screen, click on “Confirm Checkout"
- Click “Download” to send the audio book to your computer. After the audiobook is on your own computer, you can transfer the item to an MP3 player or burn to CD if desired. (If you have a slow internet or dial-up connection, you may wish to download in parts. With a faster connection, downloading the whole book should be possible in a matter of minutes.
- The book will remain available on your computer for the entire checkout period (usually one week).
Step 5: Play the audiobooks, transfer to MP3 player, or burn to CD
- Once the download is complete, the Overdrive Media Console will automatically open up.
- To transfer to an MP3 player, plug in the MP3 player and click on “transfer” near the top of the screen.
- To burn to CD, click "burn" at the top of the screen
Enjoy! If you run into any trouble, give us a call at 879-7576 and we'll walk you through it.