March 22, 1894....part of the deed states...."The building now used as a hotel shall be made ready and appropriated to use as a hospital within three months from the first day of May next".
On June 5th, 1894 the plans laid in place began taking shape. The hotel begins its transition from an inn to a working hospital.
The large space on the second floor had been used as a dance hall. The sisters divided it into two large rooms to serve as private areas for patients.
Making use of a mahogany bar found in the barn, the sisters dispensed restorative potions and healing prescriptions instead of beer and liquor across this rich hardwood.
An operating table and surgical instruments were installed in another room on the first floor. When not in use, this room would double as a waiting area for visitors.
The physicians pledged themselves to the sisters' work and " promised the good will and service of the whole medical profession of the neighborhood to work for its success".
The first floor contained another room big enough to be another dance hall. It would be St. Mary's ward for women.
A working farm at the hospital allowed the ability to raise fresh and inexpensive products for use as food for the patients. The farms income, while operating 200 acres and milking 55 cows, was $3,260 from March to December in 1893.
On the first floor, carpenters removed the wall between the old office and the bar room. The resulting room would be used as wards for men.
By this time Fanny Allen Hospital had become a 75 bed facility and was well on its way to becoming eligible to receive approval of the American Medical Association.