Aug 2000 ca.1815 log schoolhouse discovered inside local camp is saved by historical society and moved to town hall site.
Aug 2001 Local committee formed by CHS* to save and renovate the building.
Aug 2004 Select board approved the restoration and mission to use the building as an information center and museum located at Airport Park...project managers appointed to direct and oversee CHS commitments
Feb 2005 Funding became available thru Federal, State and local grants as well as private donations for the design phase of the project
Oct 2005 Architects brought on board to design the move and reconstruction
Feb 2006 Operational plans and designs are approved by VAOT**...Federal funding to move to the construction phase of the project became available
May 2006 Constructed foundation at Airport Park
Oct 2006 Moved schoolhouse 4 miles to new location and began restoration
May 2007 Building opened to public as information center and museum serving visitors and those using the bicycle path for alternative transportation and recreation
*Colchester Historical Society
**Vermont Agency of Transportation