Burnham Memorial Library
Search our Catalog
The Burnham Memorial Library welcomes people of all ages to enrich their lives through books, audio-visual materials and programs. The library will provide materials for life-long learning and assistance in using information resources, with an emphasis on early literacy in children. Colchester residents will look to the Library as a place that is attractive and welcoming, with an atmosphere that inspires them to learn, grow, and become better citizens.
Sat Jun. 23
Mon Jun. 25
Tue Jun. 26
Tue Jun. 26
Fri Jun. 29
- Any Vermont resident may register for free borrowing privileges.
- Circulation Periods:
- 3 weeks - Books
- 2 weeks - New books, audio/video materials, and e-Readers
- 1 week - Periodicals and passes
- Borrowers are financially responsible for damaged and lost library materials.
- There are only overdue fines on VHS Tapes, DVDs, e-readers, and passes.
- Items may be reserved or renewed at the library, by phone, or through the online catalog, unless the item is on hold for another patron.
- The library has book drops located at Town Hall (781 Blakely Road), and at the Rite-Aid near the Price Chopper (1184 Prim Road).
- We participate in Vermont's inter-library loan system - read more about it here.
- The library is part of the Homecard system, enabling Colchester residents to borrow directly from other participating Chittenden County libraries.
- Computers, printers, and a scanner are available for Internet access, email, and working with documents.
- The library has public Wi-Fi for those with their own laptops or other devices.
- We offer access to the Vermont Online Library - a collection of online research databases with materials for all ages.
- The library has a selection of large print books and current magazines.
- The library receives the Burlington Free Press and the New York Times (Daily), and the Colchester Sun and Seven Days (weekly).
- Audiobooks, e-Readers, videos, DVDs, music CDs, and Playaways are available for checkout.
- We have a public meeting space which can be used by community groups - call for information or availability.
- The library has a public photocopier; we also have a fax machine available for outgoing calls.
- The library has space for local artists to exhibit their work, and display cases for exhibits of interest for both adults and children.
- The library offers programs for all ages.
- The library is accessible to those with physical disabilities.