Friends of the Library
Donate by clicking the image above!
You can also mail donations to: P.O. Box 134, Colchester, VT 05446
Contact us at: FOBLVT@gmail.com
The Friends of the Burnham Library is a non-profit organization comprised of volunteers dedicated to supporting the Burnham Memorial Library in its mission to provide information and support life-long learning and enrichment within the community. Through various fund-raising efforts we enhance the library’s ability to provide programming, youth services, books, audio-books and learning programs that would not otherwise be within the library’s budget. We welcome community members who are interested in joining us in our efforts to ensure that the Burnham Library, a mainstay of the community since 1942, continues to be a vibrant resource where the people of Colchester come to gather, learn, and enjoy.
For more information, see the Friends Brochure or contact us to find out when our next meeting or project is happening.
2023 Friends of the Burnham Library Annual Appeal is Under Way!
“The Friends fundraising supports many of the programs that the library provides to patrons of all ages. The largest of these is Summer Reading for children and teens, but this is certainly not the only thing this money allows us to offer to the public. The money pays for many performers, but it also pays for supplies for in-house craft programs, snacks, and this year, it supported the replacement of a much-needed preschool literacy station and the renewal of our Escape Room subscription.” – Hannah Peacock, Youth Services Librarian
Popular events this past year:
- Over 230 children and teens signed up to be Summer Readers.
- We hosted 17 paid performers for teens, children and families with an attendance of over 350
- 120 summer take-home kids craft kits
- 8 Creativities crafts for 185 patrons
- 4 Tiny Art sessions for children, teens, and adults
- End of Summer Celebration for over 100 attendees
- Escape Rooms for all ages
Your financial support of the Friends of the Burnham Library helps to make all of this possible. With your help we can continue to:
- Provide funding for children’s, teen, and adult programming
- Add to the catalog of e-books and audio books
- Bring in guest programs and performers for all ages and interests
- Award an annual scholarship to a student volunteer, donate to Vermont libraries in need and contribute to future library expansion needs
Donations can be made via PayPal by clicking the image above or by mailing it to our P.O. Box.
Thank you for supporting your local library!
Join the Friends Planning Committee
- We are a small group that plans and executes Friends activities with positions including President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Members-at-Large
- Annual events include the Summer Used Book Sale and Fall Annual Appeal
- We welcome community members who want to contribute their time and talents
- Teen representatives are always welcome (great community service!)
The Friends of the Burnham Library is a 501(c)3 non-profit membership organization comprised of volunteers dedicating to supporting life-long learning in the community. All contributions are tax-deductible.