Centers for Disease Control

Vermont Department of Health

UVM Medical Center      

Vermont Department of Health FAQ


Town Services: According to the CDC, Chittenden County is at medium risk for COVID.  Following CDC and State guidance, and based on our current risk, the Town is not mandating masks in Town Hall.  Library and Recreation Programs may vary by location and program. Any person wishing to wear a mask is encouraged to do so.

Colchester Town Offices are located at 781 Blakely Rd. and is open to the public from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, except for Town Holidays. Our online services are available 24/7. To access the Town Directory:

Information about the requirements and recommendations for masking is available here Please do not enter Town buildings if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. COVID-19 Symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.

Staffing Update: COVID-19, low unemployment, and housing costs/shortages had a significant impact on our staffing levels over the last two years. During this unusual time, we shared our vacancies in newsletters and Selectboard meetings as vacancies have been high enough to significantly impact service delivery. We are happy to report our numbers are normal once again, and we will curtail these updates unless we find ourselves in such an unusual position again.  

To Stay Up-to-Date about the Town, browse our Town Newsletters: Click here


Vaccines & Boosters: The most protection against COVID-19 comes from getting vaccinated (age 5+) and boosted (age 5+). To find a clinic, visit: or

You can also walk in at CVS, Hannaford Food and Drug, Walmart, Price Chopper/Market 32, Rite Aid, Shaw’s Supermarket, or Costco or get an appointment with Kinney Drugs, CVS, Walgreens, Northfield Pharmacyor UVMMC Outpatient Pharmacies.

Testing: ­There are now two option for testing, on-site and at-home. 

To find a testing location near you, visit:

If you hope to test from home, the Federal Government may have free at-home tests available. Visit to order tests from the Federal Government via the USPS.

If you test positive for COVID-19:

  • Isolate at home away from others for 5 days
  • Reach out and inform close contacts immediately
  • You can leave your home after day 5 if:
    1. You have two negative antigen tests performed at least 24 hours apart beginning no earlier than day 4*
    2. AND you never had symptoms, or your symptoms have improved, and you feel better
    3. AND you have had no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of medicine that reduces fevers
    4. AND you wear a mask around others through day 10.
  • Guidance from the State on How to Isolate, Test, and Notify Close-Contacts:

Other Local Services & Updates:

Vermont Vaccination Update:

The Vermont Depart of Health is registering residents 5 and up for the vaccine. To register for an appointment click here.

Vermont Modeling:

The latest modeling from the State of Vermont


  • Colchester Food Shelf  245 Main Street, Colchester, 802.879.2444 - Open Wed Noon - 6 PM
  • Chittenden County Food Shelf  228 North Winooski Ave, Burlington, 802. 658.7939 - Open M - F 9 AM - 4 PM
  • Commodity Supplemental Food Program offers free monthly boxes of staple foods to income-eligible adults over the age of 60.   Call 1-800-214-4648 or find info at: 
  • WIC  - Healthy food and support for you if you are pregnant or a parent or caregiver for a child under the age of 5. Call 2-1-1 or find info at the above link. Check if you qualify for WIC.
  • 3SquaresVT (known nationally as SNAP) Available when we need a little help buying food. The program provides Vermonters funds on an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card, which works like a debit card. EBT cards can be used to purchase food at grocery and convenience stores, co-ops, and many farmer's markets. Call 1-855-855-6181.
  • The leading experts and advocates for the aging population of Northwestern Vermont.  Care and service coordination; Meals on Wheels; community meals; wellness programs, social activities; expertise on Medicare, insurance, and long/short-term care options. To access free services or volunteer call 1-800-642-5119.  
  • Unemployment and Pandemic Unemployment Vermont Department of Labor 800-983-2300.
  • Vermont 211: Dial 211 for a directory of state and non-profit human service programs including financial assistance for those that have lost a loved one due to COVID-19. The loss of any individual is devastating but many have been accompanied by the hardship of paying for funeral services. 

Mental Health Resources:

  • First Call For Chittenden County Serving clients and the community regardless of age or diagnosis. Trained staff is available 24/7/365, regardless of the type of service. Call for phone support, crisis intervention and assessment, referrals to appropriate services, and connection to follow-up care. Call    802-488-7777
  • Coronavirus and Our Mental Health Sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Human Services.
  • Mental Health: How to Get Help Sponsored by the Vermont Agency of Human Services.


New Restaurant Revitalization Fund Grant:

A new grant program, the Restaurant Revitalization Fund, or RRF, is available to eligible restaurants, brewpubs, food trucks, coffee shops, bars, and many more affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The new website linked below shares substantial information about the program, the application process, and the documents to prepare.  For more information, you can also click below.

Business Resources: