Our new online Employment Application Form is now available - Click here. (For downloadable application (PDF) see link left.)
- This position provides professional engineering services for the Town. Engineering responsibilities include planning and directing professional engineering activities associated with the investigation, design, maintenance, and construction of public improvement projects within the areas of transportation, stormwater, wastewater, water, and buildings. Also performs detailed technical reviews of all new development projects to ensure compliance with minimum Town standards. Click HERE for complete job description.
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of the theory and practices of engineering, the development and advancement of capital improvement projects, and public speaking and engagement.
- A Bachelor's Degree with major course work in civil engineering and a Vermont registration as a Professional Engineer are required, with six years of progressively responsible civil engineering and public works or utilities experience public interaction and engagement, at least two of which were at a management and supervisory level.
- Apply by Friday, September 6, 2019, online (link above) or submit resume and application (left) to Human Resources, 781 Blakely Road, Colchester, VT 05446; or email to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Salary range is $88,207-$92,707 depending on qualifications. Plus a competitive benefits package. EOE.
- This position provides construction engineering and management services for the Town. Responsibilities include the management of design, permitting, right-of-way acquisition, bidding, and construction of public improvement projects related to transportation, stormwater, wastewater, water, and buildings. Click HERE for complete job description.
- The ideal candidate will have a thorough knowledge of the theory and practices of construction and project management, permitting and right-of-way acquisition, and public communications with property owners. An Associate’s Degree with major course work in civil engineering is required with five years of progressively responsible construction and project management experience.
- Apply by September 6, 2019 online (link above) or submit resume and application (left) to Human Resources, 781 Blakely Road Colchester, VT 05446; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. Salary range is $62,693 - $66,054, depending on qualifications, plus a competitive benefit package. E.O.E.
- Career Captain/Outreach Coordinator: AEMT or Paramedic: Colchester Rescue seeks a self-motivated, detail oriented leader to join our team. Candidates must have a strong crew chief background, and be able to effectively direct a crew, in all types of emergencies, weather, and lighting conditions.
- Licensed to the Vermont AEMT or Paramedic level, or be eligible for reciprocity
- Valid Driver’s license
- Proof of emergency vehicle operation training program
- Paramedics must have, or be eligible for, District 3 credentialing/privileges
- ICS 100, 200, 700
- AHA CPR Instructor
- ICS 300, 400
- EVOC certification
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to, and leading patient assessment and care during emergency medical calls
- Crew preparedness and training
- Accurate documentation within the electronic Patient Care Report
- Data and Quality review
- Public education/relations
- Cleaning of ambulances and station
- Other duties as assigned
Schedule consists of 3, 12 hour shifts weekly, and will include nights, weekends, and holidays. This is a union employee position, hourly rates are: AEMT – $23.42, Paramedic - $25.45 and a competitive benefits package. Further salary and benefits information is available upon request. Full job descriptions can be found here.
Apply online from the link above or email resume, cover letter, and completed application to Rescue Chief Scott Crady at email@example.com
Applications are due before 1600hrs August 14, 2019.
Parks & Recreation Seasonal Jobs:
- A.C.E. After School Site Assistants: The Colchester Parks & Recreation Department is seeking fun, responsible and caring Site Assistants to work in a creative, hands-on school-age environment for the A.C.E. After School Program for the 2019 - 2020 School Year. This is a great opportunity to work with children in a dynamic, supportive, and fun environment.
Program Staff: Part time hourly rate range $12.50 to $14.50/hr depending on experience. Must be high school graduate and 18 years of age or older. Hours of work would be 1:45 – 6:00 p.m. or 2:45 - 6:00 p.m.; depending on your availability. We are hiring for Monday - Friday or partial weeks.
Program Aides: Part time hourly rate range $10.78 to $12.50/hr depending on experience. Must be 16 years of age or older. Hours of work would be 1:45 – 6:00 p.m. or 2:45 - 6:00 p.m.; depending on your availability. We are hiring for Monday - Friday or partial weeks.
Assistant Directors: Part time hourly rate $16.50/hr. Must qualify as Program Staff, college degree preferred. Hours of work would be 1:45 – 6:00 p.m. or 2:45 - 6:00 p.m. depending on the site. This position requires Monday – Friday, no partial weeks.This position begins on August 28 with training August 26 & 27. Email your resume, interested position and available days to work to Jenn Turmel, Program Director.