New Payment Option: Echecks are offered thru Xpress-Pay with a flat fee of $1.75.
Ways to Pay
- Send check or money order through mail, must be US Postal Service postmarked by due date to be on time. Mail to: Town of Colchester, 781 Blakely Rd., Colchester, VT 05446.
- Auto-Cash Payment Program (see Auto-Debit Program)
- Caution: Any payments dropped in the Brown Box outside the front doors of Town Hall will be considered late if dropped the next day.
- Caution: When using a payment service through your banking institution, be sure to initiate on a timely basis. Checks can take longer than expected and many times come from out of state with no US Postmark
- Property taxes can be paid by debit or credit card by the end of business on the due date. Caution: Any debit or credit card payments initiated after the due date will be considered late.
- Postdated property tax check payments or payments made prior to the annual billing of property taxes of the coming fiscal tax year are not accepted.
- Check or cash at counter before or by end of business on due date.
Auto-Debit ProgramThis program is for paying your taxes by automatic withdrawal from one of your bank accounts. The Clerks Office initiates a withdrawal through online banking on the due dates for each tax installment.
- View the to participate
- Please submit in writing to our office any account number changes or to cancel out of the program.
Payment by Credit & Debit Cards and EChecksThere are the following 2 ways to pay by credit or debit card:
- Property taxes can be paid with a Visa/Mastercard debit or credit card at our counter.
- Property taxes can be paid from home at the Xpress-Pay website with Visa/Mastercard Debit/Credit card or Discover Card.
- Property taxes can be paid from home at Xpress-Pay website with bank account number and banking transit number off the bottom of your personal check.
ECheck fee is $1.75