The Colchester Youth Basketball League (CYBL) is seeking qualified individuals to officiate our youth basketball games on Saturdays during our winter season. The 2023 game season schedule is still TBD; games are primarily on Saturdays between 8:00am - 4:00pm, lasting one hour each. A formal job description is posted below. Official training is offered (times TBD).
Interested applications should complete a Town of Colchester Job Application and submit to the attention of the Recreation Department. For more info, contact Recreation Program Coordinator Jared Antoniak at (802) 264-5648 or via email.
CYBL Official Job Description
Official should have experience playing basketball at a competitive level and/or refereeing youth basketball games.
Responsible for officiating youth basketball games in a recreational league for grades 1-4 or 5-8. Youth Basketball Officials should assist in teaching the sport of basketball to novice and intermediate players by providing examples of different infractions including traveling, double dribble, carries, etc. This position will report directly to the Program Coordinator.
● Report to work at scheduled time.
● Keep game running as scheduled.
● Officiate youth basketball games.
● Provide instruction and example at begin of game and start of second half.
● Communicate with volunteer coaches.
● Maintain the necessary safety standards, check equipment and gym for safety hazards.
● Attend pre-season training.
● Present professionalism through an appropriate appearance and knowledge of the Colchester Youth Basketball Program.
Applicant will be on their feet, moving up and down the court each game. Applicant must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.