Parks & Rec is expanding its youth programming to include more programs for teens at CMS and CHS. View pages 14 & 15 of the Fall Program Guide for more info!
You asked, we delivered! Parks & Rec isn't just for the little kids, it's for everyone! So we've added a few programs aimed especially for teens. Check the Program Guide for more info and schedules, and be sure to hop online to register. Pre-registration is required for all programs except Teen Basketball. Here are a few to check out:
- Up first is Teen Basketball at Bayside Park. This is a great way to enjoy the fall weather while it's still warm, and get ready for the upcoming season. Games are co-ed and informal. $4/night for drop-ins, every Wednesday night starting at 6pm.
- Martial Way is offering a teen karate class
- Studio 3 is offering teen dance classes for hip hop and lyrical/contemporary
- Self-Defense Class (females only) with CPD officers will teach young ladies how to be aware of their environment, build physical and mental confidence, and prepare participants with the basic fundamentals for protecting oneself from an attacker. [All participants under 18 must attend with a female adult, due to the nature of this program]. Starts Wednesday, 10/5 at 6:00pm.
- Babysitting Training Course (Ages 10 - 15) & Resume Writing Workshop (Grades 9 - 12) on Friday, 10/21. Find something fun to do on your day-off from school. The Babysitting Training Course will not only teach you childcare basics and safety, but also how to make your services a successful business. Or, if you're looking to apply to a future part-time or full-time job or to college soon, take our writing workshop for tips and techniques to make your written documents look professional and market yourself has the best candidate for the position.
- Snowmobile Safety Course @ Williston Central School: Tuesday - Thursday, 12/6 - 12/8 at 6:00pm. If you want to ride your snowmobile on Vermont's Statewide Snowmobile Trails System this winter, you're going to need to be certified to do so. This 6-hour course is taught by VT State Police officers and will meet all of the requirements.