Every Picture Tells a Story
As residents of Colchester we are surrounded by beauty in our town. From parks to ponds, bays to ball fields, and hiking trails to biking trails, we have great scenery all around us. Why not capture those vistas with a photograph to share with your neighbors and others?
The Town is seeking new photos that portray our town throughout the year. If you’ve snapped a photo in Colchester recently we invite you to send us a copy. With your permission, these shots might be used in our annual Town Report, brochures, visitor guides, and more; you may also see them on our website, our Facebook page, or other social media. All photographers will be credited for their work whenever their images are used. This is a great opportunity for both professional and amateur photographers: your work will be seen by residents and visitors with thousands of views.
- Photos should be at least 3000 x 2250 pixels, to maintain sufficient quality when enlarging or cropping.
- Acceptable image formats include TIFF (best), JPEG, and PNG.
- Be aware that the Town may need to crop, resize, or recolor the photo depending on use.
- Landscape photos of notable Colchester locations in any season, are always a favorite.
- Photos of people, animals, and action shots are welcome, but should feature a Colchester setting, such as a Town park or event. Please be sure to get the permission of persons shown in the photo before submission.
- The Town reserves the right to use a photo for up to ten years from the date of submission.
- Please, no time-stamps, dates, text, logos, or watermarks in images.
You will find a submission form and may upload your photo(s) on our website: http://colchestervt.gov/photosubmit
So grab your camera or cell phone and get snapping. We look forward to your contributions!