Happy New Year!
As New Year approaches it is traditional to look back at what we’ve accomplished and to look forward to our goals for the coming year. The Town of Colchester has many long-term projects that span years, even to decades, for completion. We will continue our successful quest for cost savings measures and efficiencies that allow us to deliver enhanced town-wide services without significantly increasing taxes.
- Look for upcoming improvements to the Bay Road/Main Street/Creek Farm/Route 2 that is projected to start in the summer of 2017. There will also be road paving and installation of new sidewalks on Water Tower Hill that will benefit Colchester businesses and their employees, as well as the general public. Also stay tuned for new ideas to be brought forward to improve water quality.
- Parks and Recreation is always creating new ways to engage residents of all ages with programs that promote wellness. Whether classes for adults or for kids after school, the staff will be offering fun and healthy activities in the coming year.
- Our Police Department will be celebrating their 50th anniversary and will hold their first awards ceremony. A community event to commemorate the milestone will be held. More details to follow as they develop.
- The Clerk’s office is gearing up for Town Meeting Day on Monday, March 6 with voting to take place at the high school on Tuesday, March 7. The first installment of 2017 taxes is due March 15. Dog licenses are due by April 1. You may apply for a passport any weekday except Wednesdays, from 8 AM to 4 PM.
- If you are interested in running for a Town office (School Board, Selectboard, Library Trustee or Lister) contact Karen Richard, Town Clerk, for information at 264-5525. The deadline for petition submittal is January 30, 2017.
We encourage public engagement and welcome comments from our residents. Feel to contact us so we can better serve you.
A toast to our town, residents, and business owners; may we all have health, happiness, and prosperity in 2017!