The following Colchester residents have submitted petitions to run for elected Town offices. All are running unopposed, but all positions have a write-in line if you wish to cast a vote for someone else:
- Selectboard, 2 year term: Jacqueline “Jacki” Murphy
- Selectboard, 3 year term: Herbert Downing, incumbent.
- Town Clerk/Treasurer: Karen Richard, incumbent
- Lister, 3 year term: Angela MacDonald.
- Moderator, one year: Scott Barrett, incumbent
- Board of Burnham Library Trustee, 5 year term: Jessica Leary Clarke
- For Grand Juror, one year term. There will be a vote on the upcoming March ballot to eliminate this obsolete office from the Town Charter and no one is running for this position.
Good luck to all in this election.
And to those who have served the Town well and are relinquishing their seats, our most sincere appreciation and best wishes:
- Marc Landry, Selectboard member for 18 years, has decided not to run for re-election. We thank Marc for his many years of faithful service to the Town.
- Thank you to Hugh Bemis for his service as a Lister.
- Betsy Ferry will be leaving her position as a library trustee after five years. We thank her for her dedication to the library.