The local Town/School Election will be held on Tuesday, March 7th. If you want to avoid the rush or will be out of town at that time please exercise your right to cast your ballot early. You can request your ballot as you have done in the past: by calling the office or emailing us. Or stop by the office to vote or you can take advantage of the newly rolled out Elections Management System (EMS) that includes:
- A New “My Voter Page” An online resource that allows every registered voter to login and access their unique voter web page. Request an absentee ballot, track its status, update a voter registration record, find your polling place, view a sample ballot, and much more. The My Voter Page login can be found at: http://mvp.sec.state.vt.us
- If you are not registered to vote in Colchester you may register with the New Online Voter Registration Tool – it allows all eligible Vermonters to submit a voter registration application online anytime and anywhere there’s internet access. Find it at http://olvr.sec.state.vt.us
- Same Day Voter Registration is now available. If you are not registered by Election Day you can come to the polls, and register and vote at the same time.
The following Colchester residents have submitted petitions to run for elected Town offices. All are running unopposed, but all positions have a write-in line if you wish to cast a vote for someone else:
- Selectboard, 2 year term: Jacqueline “Jacki” Murphy
- Selectboard, 3 year term: Herbert Downing, incumbent.
- Town Clerk/Treasurer: Karen Richard, incumbent
- Lister, 3 year term: Angela MacDonald.
- Moderator, one year: Scott Barrett, incumbent
- Board of Burnham Library Trustee, 5 year term: Jessica Leary Clarke
- For Grand Juror, one year term. There will be a vote on the upcoming March ballot to eliminate this obsolete office from the Town Charter and no one is running for this position.
As a reminder, voting takes place at the Colchester High School (131 Laker Lane, just off Blakely Road), from 7 am-7 pm, for both voting districts (9-1 and 9-2).