We would like to remind all residents of the upcoming Annual Meeting and Election:
Monday, March 6, 2017 Community Dinner and Annual Meeting
- Community Dinner starts at 5:30 PM in the Colchester High School Cafeteria. Join your neighbors and hear about what’s happening in Montpelier from your Legislators! Bring a dessert to share.
- Annual Meeting starts at 7:00 PM in the Colchester High School Auditorium. The Town will present first and following a short break, the School District will present.
Tuesday, March 7, Election
- VOTE! Voting by Australian Ballot will take place at the Colchester High School gymnasium 7AM - 7PM. Early voting available NOW at the Town Clerk’s Office until close of business, Monday, March 6 (see below). On Election Day, March 7, vote at the Colchester High School Gym.
The local Town/School Election will be held on Tuesday, March 7th. If you want to avoid the rush or will be out of town at that time please exercise your right to cast your ballot early. You can request your ballot as you have done in the past: by calling the office or emailing us. Or stop by the office to vote or you can take advantage of the newly rolled out Elections Management System (EMS) that includes:
- A New “My Voter Page” An online resource that allows every registered voter to login and access their unique voter web page. Request an absentee ballot, track its status, update a voter registration record, find your polling place, view a sample ballot, and much more. The My Voter Page login can be found at: http://mvp.sec.state.vt.us
- If you are not registered to vote in Colchester you may register with the New Online Voter Registration Tool – it allows all eligible Vermonters to submit a voter registration application online anytime and anywhere there’s internet access. Find it at http://olvr.sec.state.vt.us
- Same Day Voter Registration is now available. If you are not registered by Election Day you can come to the polls, and register and vote at the same time.
The following Colchester residents have submitted petitions to run for elected Town offices. All are running unopposed, but all positions have a write-in line if you wish to cast a vote for someone else:
- Selectboard, 2 year term: Jacqueline “Jacki” Murphy
- Selectboard, 3 year term: Herbert Downing, incumbent.
- Town Clerk/Treasurer: Karen Richard, incumbent
- Lister, 3 year term: Angela MacDonald.
- Moderator, one year: Scott Barrett, incumbent
- Board of Burnham Library Trustee, 5 year term: Jessica Leary Clarke
- For Grand Juror, one year term. There will be a vote on the upcoming March ballot to eliminate this obsolete office from the Town Charter and no one is running for this position.