Christmas weekend was a hectic one for our Public Works crew, Technical Rescue squad and our Police Department. While the holiday weekend for some meant enjoying family and friends and sharing a big dinner together, many of our dedicated employees worked every day to keep our roads clear, track down a burglar, respond to traffic accidents and even save a person who had fallen down a steep ravine. I am continually amazed by the work ethic and “can do” attitude of the Town of Colchester volunteers and employees.
All of us at the Colchester Town Offices wish you a healthy and happy New Year.
Upcoming Town Meetings:
- Planning Commission: Tuesday, January 2, 2018, 7 PM
- Selectboard: Tuesday, January 9, 2018, 6:30 PM
- Recreation Advisory Board: Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 7:00 AM, Colchester Town Offices, Champlain Room, 2nd floor
- Development Review Board: Wednesday, January 10, 2018
(All meetings take place at the Colchester Town Offices, 781 Blakely Road, in the Outer Bay Conference Room on the 3rd floor unless otherwise noted.)
- Colchester Routes 7/2, 2A, 127 Intersection Improvement Project – Update on Signal at Bay Road: Due to a delay in equipment delivery, full operation of the traffic signal at the Bay Rd/Routes 7/2 & 127 intersection has been delayed until mid-January. The lights will continue flashing red/yellow until final steps are completed. Questions? Contact Jill Barrett, Public Information Officer at 802.272.1248