Elections and Voter Information
Important Information Concerning Annual Town Meeting, March 2, 2021
The DEADLINE to return your voted Town Meeting absentee ballot is on Monday, March 1st by 4:30pm.
- Use our GREEN Drive-Up Drop Box between the Town Hall and Police Department Buildings. It is available until Monday, March 1st by 4:30pm.
- The Town Clerk's Office is open 7:30am to noon on Monday, March 1st to return at our counter.
- The Drop Box at the exterior of the Town Hall front door is available to return your ballot until Monday, March 1st by 4:30pm.
- The Town Clerk's Office will not be open for any business on Tuesday, March 2, as we will be at the Colchester High School for the election.
- On Tuesday, March 2nd, bring your voted absentee ballot to the Colchester High School Gym. There will be a drop box at the HELP DESK.
Drive around backside of Town Hall to access the Drop Box.
To view that your ballot has been received by the Town Clerk's Office go to ‘My Voter Page’ at https://mvp.vermont.gov/ and login. If 'Ballot Status' is RECEIVED, your vote has been counted. If 'Ballot Status' is DEFECTIVE, your vote has NOT been counted. (see image above)
If you are unable to login, contact our office at 802-264-5520.
- District 9-1 Comprised of the area east of I-89, the west side of I-89 north of the Malletts Creek inlet and excluding the south side of Blakely Road
- District 9-2 Comprised of the area west of I-89 south of the Malletts Creek inlet, including the south side of Blakely Road
- View District Map
- View Voting District by Street
Colchester High School (For both voting districts)
131 Laker Lane (Off Blakely Road)
Colchester, VT 05446
Elections open at 7:00 A.M. and close at 7:00 P.M.
When entering Laker Lane, please drive to the rear parking lot, as it is closest to the voting location. Handicap Parking is available. See the map below for more information:
About Political Campaign Signs
The Town Clerk’s Office would like to provide information concerning political signage:
- No signs can be placed in the public right of way until two weeks prior to Election Day
- No campaign/political signs can be placed on properties owned by the Town of Colchester or Colchester School District except on Laker Lane (driveway to Colchester High School) on Election Day only.
- Political signs must be removed on Laker Lane at the end of the Election Day.
- All other political signs in the public right of way must be removed within five (5) days.
The Guide to Placement of Political Campaign Signs at the Secretary of State’s website will give more pre-election and day-of-election sign guidance.