4th of July Celebration
Thursday, July 4, 2019
5K Fun Run
- 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.: Fun Run Registration at Union Memorial School
- FEE: $5.00 per participant
- Race begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Light refreshments available for participants after the race!
- Finishers medals for top male, female, and youth finishers!
4th of July Parade
Bayside Beach Holiday Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Lifeguards will be on duty at Bayside Beach for those who want to swim.
- Bayside Paddle Sports will be open for paddleboard, kayak, and pedal boat rentals.
- 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.: Inflatables
- 5:00 PM to Close: Food Trucks: Enjoy a variety of food offerings from these delicious vendors (additional cost)
- 6:45 to 8:45 p.m.: Music Entertainment: THE HITMEN
- The Hitmen are: Jim Cheney (Bass and Vocals), Bob Young (Guitar and Vocals), Brian Donnelly (Drums and Vocals), and Bob Boedecker (Keys and Vocals).
- Musical Style: 1970s and 1980s party rock & roll, featuring hot guitar, organ, and impressive vocal harmonies! The Hitmen play anything from John Mellencamp to Santana, The Atlanta Rhythm Section to Steely Dan - don't miss this fantastic group!
- Fireworks will take place at dusk from the Bayside Softball Field. Please stay behind the safety fence.
- Parking available at: Colchester High School, Colchester Middle School, and the Malletts Bay School.
Support our Event!
Thank you to the following Colchester businesses and organizations that donated to support this year's event! As we mentioned below, we were in need of significant funding to maintain this event, and these donors gave generously to ensure that we will have a great event in 2019! We couldn't do it without them!
|All Seasons Excavating||Bauer, Gravel, Farnham, LLP||Bevins' Door, LLC||Burlington & Landry Insurance|
|Bia Diagnostics||Chamberlain Construction, Inc.||Claussen's Florist & Greenhouse||Coates Island Marina|
|Colchester Democrats||Competitive Computing||Crowley Construction Co.||Cummings Electric|
|Danform Shoes||DJ's Tree Service & Logging||Dr. Anna Bolanis, Family Dentistry||Dr. Rebecca J.Collman|
|Green Mountain Acupuncture||Hayward Tyler, Inc.||Inspire Kitchen & Bath||Kent Booraem - State Farm|
|Marble Island Marina||Mike's Auto Parts||North Country Federal Credit Union||Pepin Memorials|
|Petit Brook Veterinary Clinic||Red Leaf Software, LLC||Robin's Nest Massage, LLC||Saba Marine, LLC|
|Sam Mazza's Farm Market||Shadow Cross Farm||Sheppard Custom Homes||Sleepydog Kennel|
|Colchester Contracting Services||Dick Mazza's General Store||American Legion Post 91|
The Colchester 4th of July Celebration is currently experiencing a budget shortfall due to low fund raising amounts over the past couple years. Our goal is to raise $4,000.00 in funds raised by June to ensure we can continue some aspects of the celebration, including inflatables and live music at Bayside prior to the fireworks show. We are hopeful that the Colchester business community will continue to support this event each year and help us to reach our goal.
If you would like to donate and help make this event a success, please complete a Donation Form (PDF) and return it to Colchester Parks & Recreation with a check for your desired donation amount. All donors will be recognized in the 4th of July event brochures and in a Thank You in the Colchester Sun.
Donated funds help cover the cost of entertainment (like music & inflatables), portolets at Upper Bayside for during the fireworks, new flags to hang along Blakely Road & Main Street, and safety materials (such as signage and cones) for all attractions during the day [Fun Run, parade, and fireworks]. If you'd like to learn more about how the 4th of July is funded, please contact Mike by email or at 802-264-5648.
Thank you to the following organizations & individuals who assist with this event - they help with safety, supplies, the Fun Run, and hanging flags on Blakey & Main Street.
|Colchester Center Volunteer Fire Company||Colchester Police Department||Colchester Rescue|
|Colchester School District||Dick & Nancy Pecor|
Rik & Anita Dayvie
|Malletts Bay Fire Department|
|Millbrook Builders||Officer Dewey & K9 Ozzy||Scott Perren, Recreation Advisory Board Member|