4th of July Celebration - Cancelled
2020 EVents CANCELLED
Saturday, July 4, 2020
5K Fun Run
- 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.: Fun Run Registration at Union Memorial School
- FEE: $5.00 per participant
- Race begins at 8:15 a.m.
- Light refreshments available for participants after the race!
- Finishers medals for top male, female, and youth finishers!
4th of July Parade
Bayside Beach Holiday Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Lifeguards will be on duty at Bayside Beach for those who want to swim.
- Bayside Paddle Sports will be open for paddleboard, kayak, and pedal boat rentals.
- 5:00 to 9:00 p.m.: Inflatables
- 5:00 PM to Close: Food Trucks: Enjoy a variety of food offerings from these delicious vendors (additional cost)
- 6:45 to 8:45 p.m.: Music Entertainment: THE HITMEN
- The Hitmen are: Jim Cheney (Bass and Vocals), Bob Young (Guitar and Vocals), Brian Donnelly (Drums and Vocals), and Bob Boedecker (Keys and Vocals).
- Musical Style: 1970s and 1980s party rock & roll, featuring hot guitar, organ, and impressive vocal harmonies! The Hitmen play anything from John Mellencamp to Santana, The Atlanta Rhythm Section to Steely Dan - don’t miss this fantastic group!
- Fireworks will take place at dusk from the Bayside Softball Field. Please stay behind the safety fence.
- Parking available at: Colchester High School, Colchester Middle School, and the Malletts Bay School.
Support our Event!
2020 will be the 50th Annual 4th of July Celebration in Colchester! To be able to make this event a success, we rely on fund raising to cover the cost of entertainment (like music & inflatables), portolets at Upper Bayside for during the fireworks, new flags to hang along Blakely Road & Main Street, and safety materials (such as signage and cones) for all attractions during the day [Fun Run, parade, and fireworks]. Donation Requests will go out to the business community in April. If you’d like to learn more about how the 4th of July is funded, or would like to make a donation now, please contact Mike by email or at 802-264-5648. All donors will be recognized in the 4th of July event brochures, in a Thank You in the Colchester Sun, and on social media.